Friday 9 November 2007

My big niece's birthday

I also have been working for a while on a mini album for my 'big' niece's 40th birthday. With 2 men in her life I figured she needed something girly, so went for all the pinks, lilacs, mauves and purples in my C/S collection. I had more than I realised so soon had a huge number of pages. It's the first time I have made a book to be filled in with photos later and by somebody else so I found it a bit of a challenge. My niece is a scrapbooker too so she will be finishing off the book herself. Some pages I added some embellishments to but others I left just with the patterned paper. Hope she has suitable embellishments.

The majority of the book is for people to sign and leave her messages about her now having reached 'old age' or as my DH said ' her peak', (not sure if her presents will include an 18 year old male though,) so those pages are only lightly decorated so that there is enough room for the guests to sign. I hope there are enough pages as she had invited 100 people she warned me. The party should be a good laugh as it is fancy dress. Not saying who I am but if you check back at a later date you might well see me in a photo and work out my character. (I won't be in full costume but it should be obvious who I am aiming to be.)
Here are a few examples of the 60+ page book.

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

What a lovely idea ,this book looks so pretty ,Dawnx