Sunday 3 May 2009

AWOL

I'm a bad blogger but I have been extremely busy crafting ..... honest. I have pics to post to prove it too lol. Well when I find time to get the pics off the camera and onto the pc first.

I've made a whole 12" x 12" album of 20 LOs ready for my niece to use to ad photos and bits of her scrummy baby daughter. She is 8 weeks old already !!! On top of that I have been very busy card making as I was aiming to have a go at selling at a village fair next Saturday. In the end it was the wrong type of sale so I had a go at the village table top sale yesterday (sat) instead. My first time of selling my wears lol.

Must admit I was nervous that nothing would sell and I would be very disappointed. BUT I sold 12 cards in just over an hour. I was prepared to be at the sale for longer but as the people coming in had dried up after the first 45 mins the hall started packing up !!!! So DD1 and I did the same. I came home having made £8.30. Not a huge amount but I made a profit of £3.30 on the day so that's a plus. My cards were priced from between 50p and £1 so not a huge amount was expected. My friend Shell told me that I was selling too cheaply and I'm not to do it again lol. I was just wanting to sell some so didn't want to make them too much, besides some of them didn't have much to them really.

With a bit more confidence now, I intend to make a few more of my 'better' (more embellished) cards and head for the very nice florists shop in the village to see if they are willing to sell my cards from their shop. Not sure if they do that kind of thing but I can only try. Failing that it might be a trip to the library. ????

Might not get to add anything for a couple of days as it is DD2's 10th birthday tomorrow so we have things planned, weather allowing. I WILL be back soon with the promised items though. No really I will.

BTW the Charmed Delectable Stamps are now on general sale at Karen's. But make sure you save some for me.

1 comment:

Hannie's crafting creations said...

Hi Mum I have been awol too but look what I made today. Hannie's card