Tuesday 21 October 2008

At last



I have finally found time to add some of the things I have been doing recently. I have lots more but am so busy till with Christmas coming up faster than I care to think about really that I never seem to get her. These 2 cards were out of a play yesterday after finishing the first of my calendars I am making as Christmas pressies.

Darn it the damned things won't load for me so I'll be back when they will. Grrr!
Success it has now decided to work for me. Yay!!!
Well this card is made using an acetate base. I have used white card as the base for my stamped image toppers and chalked it with 2 tones of orange blending chalk. The stamped images are all Magnolia stamps built to create a scene. FIrst time for me using acetate and although I didn't find it trouble free I will be having another go at some point.
This card has lots of layers using papers and vellums in the same design as the acetate on the card above. Only thing I'd change is that I used gold mirri card (as originally it was going on the acetate card). I'd switch that to silver if I could to keep the theme going better.

5 comments:

Sian said...

Hope you get it sorted soon ;)

Sian said...

Wonderful cards Mellie, well worth the wait ;)

Sarah C said...

These are really good Mellie. I love the idea of doing calendars for presies too xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Mellie - both cards are great - well done..:) :) :) Acetate is something really I have never tried - so I am well impressed with your cards. ;) :)

xxDebbiexx

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely cards Mellie. Are you going to post some pics of your calendars?